Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Moving Truck Ford F350 on Fire San Clemente, CA

I drove by and saw an older man pouring a small bottle of water on flames from under the hood of a Ford F350 I believe, pulling a trailer from Pack Rat Moving company. It had driven and stopped atop a hill near some residential homes. I drove by and came back around a minute later and could see liquid or possibly oil or fuel under the truck with some flames under the truck. I pulled up to talk to the man pouring more water under the hood. I stopped next to the truck and the whole interior was on flames, the  man unaware as the hood blocked the windshield view. I yelled to get back, the truck could blow! He backed up.

A couple ladies were on their cell phones calling it in to the fire department. I yelled to one woman to tell the other moving truck to move up, and got out to yell the same to the other man. I pulled over nearby and after a couple more minutes a fire truck pulled up and immediately hosed the truck with some type of extinguishing spray. By this time there was a large plume of smoke. A couple ladies with their dogs waited and watched.

Vehicle Fire Tips:
As I learned, water is not good for a vehicle fire. Keep an extinguisher for emergencies, it is best to get everyone out of the vehicle and out of the way if there is a vehicle fire, stand 100 feet away at least and call 911. Water is not the right thing to put out this fire, check with your fire department what to do. More importantly, do not stand close to a vehicle in flames, it is very dangerous as many deaths have occurred from vehicle fires. I am very glad the people and homes nearby were not injured or damaged, as well as the possible belongings in the trailer seemed to be unharmed. I feel for the movers that had to deal with the ordeal, hopefully the truck was covered by insurance. I do not know what caused the fire.

Vehicle Fires

3 comments:

  1. Nice post.I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information .I really appreciate your work, keep it up
    Homes in orange county

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...thanks for the reminder to blog about the everyday things that people want to read. As a real estate agent, I too struggle with what to blog about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.