Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sinead O'Connor years ago and today 2012 (without media controversy)

Alysa's Favorites...
Singer: Sinead O'Connor
 http://www.sineadoconnor.com
Drawing by Alysa 1998
I have a memory of singing I think in my bunk bed as a child along to "Nothing Compares to You" and I wanted to sing and loved to sing... this song was inspiring for me as a singer - an unfamous one (mostly to my kids... my more hidden passion.) I loved the video too, Sinead, you are a beautiful artist and person.



ARTISTIC Beautiful song -Peter Gabriel with Sinead O'Connor
1993 Blood of Eden music video



It's time to revisit this...
"WAR" 
stop inequality, stop unjust rules and regulations in the catholic church, stop abuse, 
stop human suffering...
 
"It was not meant about a PERSONAL attack on the man, but rather the office" 
She helped protest abuse on children in Ireland and abroad by the Catholic Church system.
Read more... photo respectively from: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sinead-o%27connor?before=1349406798
Very good article 2010:  
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/06/01/sinead-oconnor-pop-star-mom-is-an-unlikely-prophet-for-a-scand/





I sing along to this song with all my heart and the other one is wonderful too:
Feel So Different - Emperor's New Clothes



Then and now...
She is still outspoken, here she is open about battling with bipolar. Recently the media played on her relationship hardships and difficulty with suicidal thinking. I am thankful for her openness and bravery for being outspoken even in the area of mental health, not taking in more negativity but here she easily spoke about it and I see it as a help for many people to keep up the good fight and through creativity and positive spirituality.



In Dublin 12-18-2011:
I love her bold Jesus tattoo right over her heart.
I love these songs!! Just heard it...
(I need more Sinead songs as I spent too long not listening enough, regretfully.)




2012: 
Sinead's Current Concert information and Music available

ps God bless you Sinead! 
Thanks for the years of listening enjoyment, inspiration, and 
currently your outspoken help regarding mental illness. Alysa

2 comments:

  1. That's cool Alysa. I like Sinead OConnor too. Cool drawing too :)

    And I also love Nothing compares to you :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alysa from TheChristianViewinOCOctober 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM

    Sinead's Twitter is currently deleted I saw tonight when I thought to visit her page. I understand though as I myself deleted my Facebook. Sometimes social media really just takes up a lot of time, when family should be the focus.
    Sinead, you are a courageous spirit, God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.