Friday, August 6, 2010

Glass Half Full Not Empty Living (Inspirational Devotion) + Music Video Before Morning




I may not feel like a winner sometimes, but I don't want to think I am a loser, or that I am really letting life's loops throw me for a spin, maybe a bit of a twirl though. I try to be an overall caring person. I try to put myself last. I just don't feel like I'm on the winners list sometimes. In my life I have a lot of effort in things that I have sought for, whether it is a relationship, friendship, motherhood, writing and art, work... but I don't understand why it seems I don't seem to "make it"... all the way. That in many areas I feel the taunting of my failures. I guess I am wanting my own goodstuff. I am the kind of person that most of the time is half full glass but everything conflicting around me says, no it's half empty! "Believe me you are half empty", the glass tells me... this same glass not fulfilling my thirst. Oh if I fall into that pit of despair and hopelessness, suddenly it's... why is "this"- which can be anything from a flat tire to a car crash or a bad hair day to an illness- why is this happening? I tried. If I don't give up, someone else may anyway and where does it leave me. "Give up", the empty glass calls, "give in to despair."
Despair, in definition stated:
  • a state in which all hope is lost or absent;
  • abandon hope; give up hope; lose heart;
  • the feeling that everything is wrong and nothing will turn out well; "they moaned in despair and dismay"; "one harsh word would send her into the depths of despair"
Still, I've got to try if I am falling into that pit- will I not claw the walls to get out? We all have to fight that fight when it comes, one fight that is a good fight. What control do we really have? Only ourselves, our choices. If only we made good choices all the time, but we wouldn't be human then. Try your best to be your best. There's no need to sink into despair, when around the corner things can turn around. We don't know what's around the corner. Something to remember in those half empty moments:

  1. Romans 7:21 (King James Version) I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
  2. Romans 8:28 (New Living Translation)
    And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
If evil is with us when we do good, all we can do is be prepared and try to do good to our best ability, sometimes we need to try even harder to. God is all knowing and much more powerful then I, so who am I to know his plans? Everything can be caused for good to those that love him. I need to be reminded myself at times. So instead, cheers to half full, cause it's much better than empty. Chins up! Alysa

1 comment:

  1. ps if anyone reading needs prayer, feel free to email your prayer requests anytime: alysagoodstuff@live.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.