Wednesday, July 7, 2010

5.4 Earthquake San Diego, CA 7-7-2010 Rockin in my Chair Orange County

I was just wondering the other day... we haven't had an earthquake recently, I wonder when we are going to have another one. Well as I am working here at my desk with my feet up on a chair, slouchy style, both chairs decided to rock with me in them in a sort of rumbly fashion. So I checked the earthquake site, it wasn't up yet... and then a call from a sister who saw it on the news and here it is on the earthquake site:
5.4 Magnitude in the desert inland area of San Diego near Borrego Springs. Those earthquakes are scooting there way up towards my house! Check it out:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/ci10736069.html




I posted an earthquake response "Did you feel it?" survey. They said my area was felt as a 4 magnitude otherwise called MMI 4 intensity felt. Which was higher than some of the LA and San Diego areas. Pretty much the earthquake was a little south and west of South Orange County. Eeek! I will assume we will have more, it seems at the rate of uh, monthly? -here in the south-land.
This rumbling feels like my frustration I had today... the earth gave a preemptive "errr-ahh moment" before my day got difficult. 
If these smaller but large earthquakes are only God's land mumbling in its anger... boy, do I want to be up in the air (with all my family) when it really lets loose!? Will it this year- here and big? Feeling this many earthquakes is not usually what So Cal is like. Yeah we have them, but it's more of maybe a year or two between feeling them as we are now, feeling so many.
My little poem...

 With earthquakes abroad and close, with the leaking oil on our coast...
Will God heal our land? 
"America, America God shed his light on thee, 
and crown us good with brotherhood 
from Sea to shining Sea." 
Forgive us- some of us know not what we do, 
some of us do.
Send us your Grace
in so many mistakes.
America freedoms and many dreams, keep us together knit at the seams.

"We all well know, we're gonna reap what we sow, 
but Grace, we all know, can take the place of all we owe, 
so why not let's Forgive
everyone, everywhere, everything..." mewithoutYou

Ezekiel 38:20-22 (New Living Translation)

20 All living things—the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, the animals of the field, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the people on earth—will quake in terror at my presence. Mountains will be thrown down; cliffs will crumble; walls will fall to the earth. 21 I will summon the sword against you on all the hills of Israel, says the Sovereign Lord. Your men will turn their swords against each other. 22 I will punish you and your armies with disease and bloodshed; I will send torrential rain, hailstones, fire, and burning sulfur!

James 5:9
Don’t grumble about each other, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. For look—the Judge is standing at the door!

1 comment:

  1. heard on the radio, "pastor's perspective" talk show, someone call in and ask if they think we are living in the days of Ezekiel 37 and 38. If I remember correctly, they agreed. I think we are on the way...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.