Saturday, April 10, 2010

Is California and Mexico Falling off soon? Look at this Earthquake Map, plus helpful information

No, I don't think we are really falling off the map anytime soon, but check out this site, especially Mexico- Baja California area- WOW! There are so many earthquakes and aftershocks since Easter's big one. So far in South Orange County I have felt 3 total, the 7.2 and 5.5 from Mexico area and last night 1.9 in SE California. I know people closer to the Mexico border have felt even more. Check out this earthquake map for today 4-10-2010 Map Centered at 37°N, 120°W

Southern Orange County, CA Coastline

Quick Links To bookmark:

Earthquake site with worldwide information: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/
Prepare for an earthquake: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/prepare/
The earthquake site is good for updates and to report if you "felt it".  I can hardly believe I felt one in SE California late last night while checking out the earthquake site. I refreshed the page and saw it listed at 1.9 magnitude, don't know how I felt that! My desk and chair are a little wobbly which makes it easier to notice though. Interesting stuff though, crazy how much the land we tread on shakes beneath us!

I am just going to put this out there- Please don't take me seriously, would just be 'trippy' if this came true. I had a dream this last week about a year and the World Series? I don't really know why. Now, I was just searching earthquakes and it turns out there are a bunch of people expecting a BIG ONE in California West coast to happen later this year. Okay, I don't follow that stuff! But, I just came across information that stated in 1989 there was a 7.1 in San Francisco during the World Series... this wasn't the year I dreamt I think? This just felt a little ironic, So I want to make a guesstimate... If I am right than whoa! If not, hey it's just a guess for fun?...
Remember just guessing, maybe a broad range sometime in October: October 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, or 9, 27 2010, if I had to pick one specific date- for fun... hmm October 7, 2010.  I really don't know. Just based on some numbers about the World Series. I am not usually one to predict stuff, but I have had some strange dreams come true- the last being a tsunami, a boy lost from home rescued by a bus driver, and death/murder, the location and what they looked like, police and a family= All of these I saw soon later in the news/paper the last one being very close to my home.

1906 San Francisco earthquake, some of my family survived this.


And no, I don't think California, Mexico, or the west coast will fall off the map. I watched some information that more likely over a period of time, that I won't see, the coast of Cali will shift upwards. Tsunami's are another story, I do think that our coastline is wearing away from the ocean tide. In my lifetime the sand on local beaches here are half of what I remember. Whatever the case we are in God's hands if a big anything comes. Don't worry just learn to be prepared, we have no true knowledge of when... anything, except that we know there will be disasters.

God bless, Alysa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.