Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Tribute 9/11 like a 911 call we need Psalms 91:1

It is almost the anniversary of 9/11 when I am writing this. I remember that morning still. I was working as an executive assistant and came into work as usual. My employer came in notifying me about something serious going on. He brought in a mini television and from there, I watched the horrifying news and a second plane strike the tower. The towers collapsing. I thought of bible prophesy. The dawn of the end... end times in bible prophecy that is. Wars and famines.

My young child was away from me at school. I wanted to get to her, but I worked through my day anyway. I felt a sunk feeling in the deep of my heart. I went to the beach before sunset to reflect on those hurting. It was then that I noticed on the sand, a large beached tree trunk perched in the sand and in that trunk, a pole waving the American flag. This memorial on the west coast continues right there on the sand for those on the east coast. Some people may not remember how this flag came to be on this local beach and why it is still there, but I remember every time I see it. I don't know who put it there, or who replaces the flag. I am glad it stands even after rainstorms and after high tides.

Forgetting all the politics, America is about freedom, we the free people. A lot of times politics, and corruption gets in the way of this. Religion gets in the way of life. I do not consider myself religious. "Religion is what kills innocent men, women and children..." someone said. In the case of 9/11 this qoute rings true. I believe in Jesus! I'm not afraid to say it. I don't want to preach it at anyone, but in such a time of hardship and suffering as this world often proves to be full of, yes, even here in sunny old California (it rained and thundered a little today), life can surely be tough and it's by Jesus I want to be. Thank God, that He cares, even if we the people, sometimes have doubted it, we even cursed Him without thought, even accused- Why God, over and over. He still hears, He still cares. God bless those that are hurting and those that have enemies and those that are.. enemies, have mercy. Terrorism even happens on our homeland, by our own people. Terrorism happens. I pray it ceases. John Lennon said, "Give peace a chance..." and we the people, in America feel it too that, "all we are saying is, give peace a chance." One day... I'm thinking though, it's in the next world.

God heal and bless America, the land that I love. 
God help its leaders, those that we need. 
People love each other, in our land. 
People love one another, in other lands.

It's now, September 11 in 2011.
For those that died, for those that hurt...

Psalm 91:1 
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Zoom in until you see the street/sand.
Move the map up until you see the tree stump and you will see the shadow of the flag.
click here to view on google maps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.