Monday, June 4, 2012

The Angelic Woman Story # 1 Part 9 Alysa Good Stuff eBook

How to follow this and other stories:
For direct links to stories, click on the page tab: Good Stuff eBooks

Continued from Part 8... "The Angelic Woman" Part 9
by Alysa Marie
 
Talla was still hungry so she took a bite of her nectarine. It was the most delicious nectarine she had ever had, not at all sour and perfectly juicy. As she bit into it she liked the slight crisp sound and then slurped the juice. 
"Crow, or sorry, Dark Hawk!" She called down to the crow flying overhead. "How is this fruit so perfect? I don't think I spotted one fruit with blemish or rotting back in the orchard, how is that possible?"
 
"Sweet girl. You are no longer in the cursed world. This here is Abbala. God has ordained things here. There is a problem though."
"What do you mean a problem? Is it because I'm here?"
"No. Quite the opposite actually. Because there is a problem, you have finally arrived."
"I don't understand."
"Come with me." The crow, Dark Hawk, stopped again on the fence post and then flew to lead her through the lush trees and down atop a hill. The hill was full of dying weeds and brush nothing like the beautiful plants and flowers or fruit trees she had seen.
"Whoa, why does it look like this on this side of the path and not the other?"
"This is supposed to be a scared place. It has been cracked. A crack created by the spirit realm."
"Is that how I got here?"
"Ahh cawah. Not at all. That is why you came here. You were meant to come to Abbala."
"I don't know anything about Abbala. I'm a girl from California not the spirit world."
"No, you are not from the spirit world. That world I speak of is a dark world. It is my job as a guardian, your appointed guardian to protect you and where you would enter. Now that you have entered, well... I know that the time has come."
"Explain the time to me, what time is this?"
"I will show you." Dark Hawk exclaimed matter of factly and lifted carefully with his beak a straw mat from the ground. This mat had another, and another mat underneath it, Dark Hawk pulled them up with his feet and claws and moved them aside. 
There was a small opening, maybe 24 inches wide. Dark Hawk hoped down onto a step inside. 
"Follow me, Talla." 
"Wait, how do you know my name, I haven't told you my name."
"Please trust me, I am your guardian, I just- know things. The space gets bigger don't worry. Caww come now and recover the opening."
Talla started to squeeze through the hole in the ground, feeling anxious. She pulled herself back out and sat on the edge of the opening. Her hands began to feel tingly.
"I don't think I can go in there, I don't like being underground like that, no windows, no air. I can't breathe down there. I-I'm sorry, I just can't."
"It is normal to feel nervous. What choice do you have? You are here for a reason to follow at this time."
Dark Hawk spoke with hidden meanings in his word and Talla understood. He was her guardian, she believed that  following him was going to led her to her purpose in this place of beauty and she didn't know what else yet...

"Okay, I'm ready now, I want to know why I have come to this place."
"You can do this. Let me light the way." Dark Hawk hopped down more steps and the room widened the deeper he hopped. He picked up a branch and scratched it on a sort of pocket in a dirt wall and the branch lit up. He used the branch to light a large candle hanging on the wall, and another on the other side of the wall. 
"Cover the opening."
Talla covered the opening with the mats and crouched down to walk down the steps. It was now light underground from the glowing candles. Dark Hawk hopped on one foot and lit two more candles on the steps, and two more in a room. 
"Wow. There are mirrors everywhere in here, even colored ones. It looks like I am inside a Christmas ornament or something." Talla giggled. "It really is beautiful."
"Thank you. I did not make this room. I don't know who made this room, this is the room where we hold the written word. The word that made this world." 
"That made Abbala?"
"Yes. We believe, the other animals and I here, that this room is a type of sacred tomb, though not for the dead, for protection, these mirrors of colors and light protect this word from destruction, so we can exist separate from evil spirits."
"Evil spirits?" Talla remembered now, as if a flash in front of her eyes, the shadow that surrounded her at home, on the path. "Is that why I saw a shadow spirit?" Talla asked Dark Hawk.
"When did you see a shadow spirit?"
 
"Before I came here."
"They must have known you were coming somehow."
"How would they know, if I just got here, I haven't seen any "evil" thing."
"I must look for this book now, it tells all prophecy, from beginning to the end of Abbala and to eternity it begins again at the end of the book. At the end of the book, the end of this prophecy a new book will be written. But if the spirit world found this scared tomb..."
"What? Where is the book then?" Talla felt anxious all over again, feeling claustrophobic and wanting to get out.
"There is a shielded entrapment here in the center, we must dig."
Talla began to dig with her bare hands, and the crow dug with his feet, kicking dirt behind him. 
"It is not deep. Caww, we should hurry."
They dug quickly, till Talla felt a strange pulling force on her hands. 
"I feel something." Talla said excitedly.
"The shield. Good. Step back."
Dark Hawk flew to the top mirrors, tapping with his beak twice each the red and green ones, a regular mirror once and again the red and green mirrors. A light burst through the hole they dug and sure enough a circular shield of blue light pushed upwards to the dirt and the light stopped shining. The blue shield seemed to crack itself open.
to be Continued in Part 10!
Come back and read more of The Angelic Woman soon! 
Fun products related to the story:
   

  

  

1 comment:

  1. This is very creative Alysa. I like the crow, or Dark Hawk ;)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.