Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Morning Relationship with God - Bible Study May 20, 2012

Jesus is always with you: yesterdays, today and tomorrow, everyday and everywhere.

As a Christian believer I try to remember this. I think, "Yeah, Jesus is with me, I know." I tell my kids, "Don't be scared, Jesus is with you, Okay?" Yet, even though I know this I now realize I don't really contemplate it. He is truly really here, even as I type this, right now, right there with you as you read this, right now, truly. How aware am I that he is with me always? Even in the hurts of my yesterdays and for your yesterdays too. He was there too to help, to cry with you, to hold you and help you through with His love, His care, and His heavenly hosts were there too. So yesterday, today and tomorrow He is also there.

Pray without ceasing. That sounded impossible until I realized it means to keep him with me all the time, in everything I do and think. Still, that sounds difficult too. Though actually it's not. I remind my children to pray all the time; think of Jesus all the time. "Whether you are good, bad, mad, sad, or glad..." I tell my children to still pray to God in everything at all times. When I am mad I tell God. When I feel wrong, I don't try to cover it up and ignore God, I tell God. When I am hurting, he knows and I am aware he knows, I ask for God's help. When I have a good day I thank Him, even at times (not always though I probably should) I thank Him for days that aren't so good and hope a good one comes tomorrow, because he knows more than I do. When something good happens I thank Him for even the little things, like help from friends or family, I thank Him because I feel that He has interceded through others for these good things and help. It is good to be aware of His presence in your life and have a relationship with God, a real one.

I think too much, I talk too much. Praying without ceasing doesn't mean thinking constantly, praying like gimmie, or this and that to him only... but sharing the day and night with God, praying for needs and wants and help for yourself and others, AND listening to His calm voice within your heart. Quieting yourself to know Him, to know His comfort, His peace, His joy. That He truly has things in your life in control and giving Him that control. Doing my best in what I can, and praying for His direction and wisdom. This sounds good but, it is a conscience effort I have to choose to make. I am by no means perfect at this. All relationships take effort, work, and care... same as it is with the lord. I am happy when my children tell me what they did wrong, even if there is consequence and they are disciplined at times (no video games today) and many times they understand. I am glad to be needed when they cry to me, needing my direction as I try to help them be strong and then comfort them.

God cares like any loving parent would and more. He wants this closeness, and He rejoices that even when we are good, bad, mad, sad, or glad... we will still go to Him, really remember He is here with you and keep Him close to you too.

Scriptures for reference:
Matthew 28:20 KJV
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Deuteronomy 6: 4-5 KJV
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: 
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
2 Timothy 4:18 KJV
And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Philippians 4:13 NKJV
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

God Protects Us Angels Unaware

"Angels" Book by, Douglas Connelly


Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
Courage to change the things I can, 
and the wisdom to know the difference. 

Constant reminder on your wall!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. Yes to all of it :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning through trials actually helps you to realize how close God really is in every circumstance. Bible study is a great way to start the week and each day. It is helping me in life to learn about God not in a religious way, just more personal, a friend, teacher, counselor, heavenly father, creator. :) Thanks for your comment.

      Delete

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.