Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Angelic Woman Story # 1 Part 5 Alysa Good Stuff eZine

How to follow this and other stories:
For direct links to stories, click on the page tab: Good Stuff eZines

Continued from Part 4... "The Angelic Woman" Part 5

Mary-Lynn joined her arm with her husband Rami's arm and they walked out of the theater together.

"That was nice just you and I going out together. I'm happy we picked my movie choice, The Ballet in the Bronx and you wanted to see Loch Ness." She laughed at Rami.

"I have to admit it was definitely interesting and the twist at the end, that girl decided to stay living in that poor neighborhood even after she made it to fame just to help the kids there. It was for sure a chick flick!" Rami laughed back and kissed her cheek, "Seriously though Mary, how could you stand it after the first minute? No no, I'm kidding. It was a good movie sweetheart."

"You really know how to push my buttons don't you honey? I love you."

"Love you too."

They always knew how to poke fun at each other without truly hurting each others' feelings. It was a cold night out so they rushed back to their car and went straight home. Mary-Lynn couldn't help going straight to the den to see if the answering machine was flashing its little red light. Rami saw her in the den.

"Mary, I told you not to worry about it. Talla will call us when she's ready. She's trying to adjust to being on her own, we need to respect that."

"Your probably right, it's just that, well. Nevermind, it's probably just an empty nest syndrome or something."


The heaviness of Talla's sleep was like a load of bricks piled on top of her. She still lay on the road. A loud scream suddenly woke her. She jumped to her feet immediately after hearing the sound. She saw no one though.

I must have fallen asleep. How'd I fall asleep while I was walking.. oh nevermind I'm going to get out of here and tomorrow I am having my car towed, I just need to call from home if my phone gets reception.

Talla checks her pockets feeling nothing in them, not even her keys or gum. Wondering what was going on and could everything have fallen from her pockets?

Wait my phone? Darn, it's in the car. Forget it I'll figure it out tomorrow it is way to dark here. Where's my flashlight?

She pats the ground around her, as it is darker now carefully feeling around for the flashlight on the ground.

Is this like the worst night of my life or what? Does everyone go through this when they leave home? Mom and Pa would be proud of me for toughening up. Mom always said that I needed to. But Lord why tonight, I am tired and it's just too much. Forget the flashlight, maybe I can find it tomorrow and if not buy a new one for that lady.

Talla started walking down the road that began to get steeper.

I don't remember this street being on a slop like this. Or a moon that was full and now, it must be an eclipse? Oh well for the hundredth time today.

She walked slowly down the road thinking mostly of her parents and hoped that she was missed...

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.