Sunday, April 15, 2012

Titanic Last Photograph... Story of families, Videos Photos April 15 1912-2012

100 years since the sinking of Titanic. I have to say this is a definite Alysa Good Stuff Favorite! I would love a copy of this photo to hang on a wall in my home. I am fascinated by the ships beauty and also the dramatic story of the Titanic. I hope you will enjoy the videos I too enjoyed. This is the video about the story of a family that took a short trip before it left to America. After getting off the ship in Ireland, one woman photographed possibly the last photo of the beautiful ship, only to hear days later of its fate.

Photobucket

View these videos and photographs while there are still online...


More on the Titanic- recommended by Alysa Good Stuff World News:
Special thank you to BBC News!




Do not miss this video/voice recording:
If the message of icebergs was delivered the crash could've been avoided. 

"One very vital message, received in the Titanic's wireless room that night, had never been delivered to the bridge that message came from a ship called the Musaba...warning all ships of heavy pack ice, ice bergs and field ice in an area then lying right ahead of the Titanic... normal for almost any time of the year... in my opinion, it was a warning of the most vital importance. I was officer of the watch and in charge of the ship when that Musaba message came over. And I know perfectly well what I should've done if it've come to my hands... slow her down at once and sent for the captain... almost certainly, he would have stopped the ship and waited for daylight,,. we were steaming that night at a good 22 knots... By 10'oclock I was relieved by officer Murdock... I wished him joy of new perishing cold hours and went below... he knew nothing of the death trap lying ahead of us any more than I did... 3 sharp clangs on the crows nest bell... "Ice right ahead sir!"... at that speed it was too late... I was lying in my bunk.. a kind of shiver that ran through the ship it was enough to bring me out of my bunk in one jump..."

Survivor Edith Russel's story April 14,1970

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.