Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Angelic Woman Story # 1 Part 3 Alysa Good Stuff eZine

How to follow this and other stories:
For direct links to stories, click on the page tab: Good Stuff eZines

Continued from Part 2... "The Angelic Woman" Part 3

Her steps crinkled the leaves with each step as the paved road turned to a dirt road with pebbles and dried leaves scattered about. The fear she was feeling turned to hope as she neared the small house. Its light gleamed through the front shaded window which had its curtain drawn. Talla walked up the path that led to the front door. She knocked looking around, waited briefly and knocked again. She heard the noise of a door slamming shut, it sounded though it could be a back door. She knocked again and the sound of footsteps came up to the door. 

"Who is it?" A woman asked in a harsh tone.

"Hi, I'm Talla, I live nearby, wondered if you might be able to help me?" Talla asked loudly so the woman would hear through the door. 

A woman with blonde hair and a slightly haggard appearance opened the door. "Are you alone?"


"Yes."


"Come on in, sure I can help you, what do you need?"


"Well my car broke down a mile or so from here and I was just headed home, and being that it's dark I went down the wrong road and I'm a little turned around."


"Ok. Sit down and I will see if I can help you. Have some tea first?"


"Yeah, thanks I'm thirsty from walking. What's your name by the way?"

"Oh, my manners. I'm Verdella. So, do you have family here?"


"No, I'm from California actually," Talla replied, "I just moved out here recently, that's why I don't know where I am." She laughed slightly, realizing how ditzy she must seem.


"Dear, that's too bad, here have some tea to warm your spirit up a moment."


"Is it Peppermint tea? Smells good." Talla took a few sips and was feeling really tired. "I'm not used to walking much, I walked so far. I really need to get some help with my car tomorrow."


"It's down the road, huh?"


"Yeah, a Ford Mustang. I think driving it out here wore it out, it overheated, it may just need some coolant, but there were no stores close by to where I was, only a liquor store."


Talla sipped her tea a little more.


"Yes, it is best if you have a car out this way. I wish I could help you more, I don't have a car myself. My cousin brings me what I need so I don't have to go out."


Talla takes another sip of tea, places the cup down on the end table and stands up from the couch. 


"Well, I guess I should be going then, you wouldn't happen to have a flash light I could borrow? I'd give it back to you tomorrow."


"I do, yes." Verdella gets her flashlight out of a hall closet and hands it to Talla as she is walking towards the door. "I'm glad I could help a little, sorry I don't have a car to help you home."


"No, it's okay. Thanks for the flash light, it's difficult to know where I'm going with no street lights."


"Bye, Talla. It was nice to meet you dear."


"Thanks, I'll get the flashlight back to you tomorrow." Talla exclaimed as she started down the path and switched on the light.


She walked up the hill to the main road.


Continued in Part 4...
http://alysagoodstuffoc.blogspot.com/2012/04/angelic-woman-story-1-part-4-alysa-good.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.