Wednesday, April 18, 2012

NEW! Alysa Good Stuff Stories: # 1 The Angelic Woman part 1

NEW on Alysa Good Stuff... Stories! Updated every Sunday and Wednesday evenings. Follow along as the story is written.
Online e-zine. This online ezine is the first story on Alysa Good Stuff OC blog. 
How to follow this and other stories:
For direct links to stories, click on the page tab: Good Stuff eZines.
For blog search, search keywords: the angelic woman + number story part
To search for more upcoming stories search keyword: ezines + part 1


2012 copyright Alysa/Alysa Good Stuff all rights reserved.


ALYSAGOODSTUFF eZine # 1
Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi

 THE ANGELIC WOMAN 
By, ALYSA 

PART 1  


I got gum on my shoe again? It happened the first day I got to this town. What is it with this place and gum? That's it, this is the last time I am wearing these old flats. A hole is starting to show through the toe part anyway. Ugh, it's hot today. Of course, I chose a long sleeved top and pants. Random thoughts. I must be bored. Note to self, bring my iPod next time my car breaks down on the side of the road. 

It's gotta be one mile by now. A dreadful walk, hills on both sides, if only I could just walk over the hill it might be faster than the stretch of road mapped out in front of me. I should've stopped at that liquor store back there for a water bottle. Why do I always think of things too late?


The sound of a loud pickup truck nears Talla. A man pulled over just past her, as she walked by he leaned to roll down the passenger window.

"Hi, thought you might need some help darlin'. It's getting late for a young lady to be walking out here alone." 

He looks like an old country guy. I do need help. Nothing but road in front or in back of me. But from a stranger? Definitely a strange looking man.

"No, no. Taking a walk for a little ways is all. I'm fine thanks anyway."

"Suit yourself. But it's almost 7:00pm it's about to get dark, I don't hear too many good stories out this way. You from around here?" 

"No, not from this area. Monaloe's not too far from here though right?"

"Well, through the woods and hills" the man points left over his shoulder, "I'd say half hour. On this road though, it loops around, it's probably about an hour."

"Okay, thanks."

"Good luck to ya."

Well, I guess he didn't seem to strange after all. But still, I guess I made the safer choice, getting in a car alone with no one around, bad idea. So okay, just probably another mile. 


God, I am tired and thirsty. At least it's cooling off, but it would be great if you'd carry me the rest of the way, kinda creepy alone out here. Keep on going, keep on going. Talla prayed; she is not used to walking long distances or short distances either.

Her '65 Ford Mustang with sparkling red paint, was left with it's hazard lights bleeping on and off after overheating. Her treasured car was well cared for when she had the help of her parents back home in Southern California. Now she is on her own. College wasn't on her list of to do. With money saved a little barely known town called Monaloe in Delaware seemed like a small nice affordable place to start. She'd only been here a few days after driving her Mustang out from California. What she wanted was to find a little part-time job and a change of scenery. So now, here she is.

As Talla walks with a consistent pace she can't help but notice that the sunset behind her looks radiantly orange with gleaming light rays through the trees onto the path in front of her. So many gorgeous trees on both sides of the street each with fresh green leaves.  One would think this was an undiscovered beauty like a natural hideaway if it weren't for the paved street.

Not a single car going by for a half hour now.  Well, I should be near the town soon. I am seriously trashing these shoes, my feet will hate me tomorrow. 

"Ah, huh?" Talla gasped. What was that? Now it's about dark and I think I just heard a rustling in the bushes back there. I need a rock. I can throw a rock if I have to. It was just a little noise, maybe it was a coyote, or a bunny. Or a rat!?  Eww.

Talla hurries her steps and starts to jog down the stretch of road as it curves down  a hill. 

I had to pick a remote town in Delaware all the way across the US? Not even sure why I did. It's the internet's fault. One search and a home with a gorgeous view. Of course I wanted a new and secluded area. Tired of busy cities, but now I wonder what the heck was I thinking? Who ever said change was easy? No one should say it anyway. I am walking with no cell service and no car. Good choice Talla.

To be continued...


Part 2: http://alysagoodstuffoc.blogspot.com/2012/04/angelic-woman-part-2-alysa-good-stuff.html


How to follow this and other stories:
For direct links to stories, click on the page tab: Good Stuff Ezines

2 comments:

  1. Follow this story as it's written! bi-weekly continued story. Check back on the Good Stuff Ezines tab, search my blog, or follow my blog by email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on reading!!! It gets even better after this part! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Moderated and will be posted shortly after review.